I am a big, probably the biggest fan of breakfast for dinner. All the way back to when I was a little girl I always loved it, and asked for it often. This is probably mostly related to my love of eggs. I mean what's not to love about eggs (I could probably name more reasons not to love eggs than I could reasons to justify my love for them, but even with that said I still love eggs).
The conventional breakfast of eggs, a breakfast meat, and a bread is always comforting, yet I still enjoy mixing it up sometimes. I love to deviate from the norm and see what I can concoct.
I love a casserole, or one dish dinner. It makes it much easier to serve, and saves a lot of dishes which even though I am a very proud owner of a dishwasher I still dread the D word, no not dread, I loath it. So when I can, I try to utilize them as much as I can.
After rummaging through the fridge a bit I decided on making an English Muffin bake, nothing overly spectacular but covers all of the bases when it comes to breakfast.
As a side, I made home fries on the skillet (they are a breakfast essential especially in my house).
1 package of 6 English Muffins
2 cups shredded cheese
1 Package Bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with tin foil, line bacon on top of tin foil, once oven is preheated bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes or cooked to your liking
2. In a bowl, scramble 12 eggs together until completely blended, add salt and pepper to liking, pour into a heated, greased pan, and cook until done.
3. Spray a baking dish with pam, open and line 6 English muffins into the baking dish. it is okay if the muffins over lap the sides and do not lay completely flat.
4. Sprinkle a half cup of shredded cheese on top of English muffins, cover layer of cheese with scrambled eggs, layer with another half cup of shredded cheese, crumble bacon over the layer of cheese, and then complete with the remaining cheese.
5. Cook in oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and starting to bubble.
6. Serve warm